Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Meeting with Collectors | Pablo Guayasamin


As a self-proclaimed introvert, I've spent many years holed up in my studio, pouring my heart and soul into my art. But I realized that if I wanted to take my passion to the next level, I needed to step out of my comfort zone and put myself out there.

It was during this time that I had the incredible opportunity to meet Pablo Guayasamin Monteverde, a man whose cultural background and artistic lineage left me in awe. As the son of the renowned South American artist Oswaldo Guayasamin, Pablo has a deep appreciation for the arts and an eye for talent.


Pablo Guayasamin
and Fidel Castro.
REUTERS




I'll admit, I was initially hesitant to share my work with someone of such stature. But I knew that if I didn't take this chance, I would regret it. So I went ahead with the meeting, feeling nervous but determined.

When I arrived at the museum, there was a flurry of activity as journalists and photographers buzzed around, vying for Pablo's attention. I wondered if I would even get a chance to meet with him, but much to my surprise, he made time for me.

As we sat in his office, Pablo carefully examined my artwork and asked me thoughtful questions about my creative process. His genuine interest in my work left me feeling grateful and elated.

Looking back on that day, I feel proud of myself for taking a chance and putting myself out there. And I'm grateful for the opportunity to have met such a remarkable person.
 







 Oswaldo Guayasamin





Oswaldo Guayasamin was an Ecuadorian eminent painter and sculptor whose heritage traces back to Quechua and Mestizo indigenous populations. Guayasamin dedicated his entire life to art and he was also a passionate supporter of the communist Cuban Revolution and Fidel Castro. 

His art works won awards and garnered the attention of Nelson Rockefeller, a well-known and successful American businessman and politician. Through this connection, Guayasamín sold many of his pieces to Americans and was able to travel the United States, visiting museum after museum to learn and experience the artwork of many masters. The money he earned while in the United States enabled him to travel to other nations, like Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay where he met other famous artists of the era, like Diego Rivera and Pablo Neruda.


Source : WideWalls
Source : notyouraverageamerican