Pages

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

DazedDigital 1971 T-shirt Design Competition

DAZED DIGITAL




Hey there, where's my mind, right? I always tell myself, "Okay, I'll tackle this tomorrow," only to completely forget amidst the whirlwind of new projects. But today, as I was tidying up my email inbox, and behold, I stumbled upon something unexpected: a message from " XL recordings".  Yeah, you know, the legendary label that's home to The White Stripes, Beck, Vampire Weekend... the list goes on. They reached out to express appreciation for my work. How cool is that?.... telling me that they apreciate my works .  

Now, about that DAZED competition... Didn't quite snag the win, but hey, it felt good to be in the mix. My design made it to the top 50 worldwide entries, which ain't too shabby considering there were over 600 submissions and a whopping 30,000 votes cast. It was quite the ride, and I'm proud to have been a part of it.



Description :

To celebrate Reiss's new capsule collection Dazed have launched a t-shirt design competition calling for illustrators to interpret the brief "1971".

For Reiss, launching their new capsule collection line of denim, 1971 Reiss, was not about being nostalgic about the seventies. We've taken inspiration from that and have partnered up with Reiss to launch a t-shirt design competition that is asking you to interpret the brief "1971" in the most original way possible. We're looking for illustrators that can take the idea of "1971" as a mere starting point, from which they can go in any direction you want. All illustrations submitted will immediately be put forward for public vote. The top ten designs with the most votes will be judged by a panel of experts from Reiss and Dazed. Two winners will be chosen to have their t-shirt designs produced as part of a limited collection that will be launched during London Fashion Week as well as winning £500 worth of Reiss vouchers.








Reiss Launch Party

Reiss and Dazed Digital joined forces to launch the new 1971 Reiss collection and what better way to do it than a party! Held in the flagship store Barrett Street, London, there was live music by 'We Have Band' and DJs including 'Golden Silvers' 'Lou Hayter (NYPC)' & 'Bip Ling', drinks, goodie bags ...there was even a hotdog van!